Cook (Part Time)
1100 East Plumb Lane, Reno, NV, US 89502
$19+ an hour DOE with a $250 sign-on bonus!
Denny’s is America’s diner. For over 60 years, our guests have come to our diners to sit back, relax and enjoy delicious, hearty meals 24/7, every day of the year. Our employees are part of a classic, national brand and just like our guests, are family both inside and outside the diner. At Denny’s we love to feed people and that means providing meaningful work for our employees that allows them to be fulfilled, realizing that what they do and who they are matter. In short, our family matters to us.
Reporting to the General Manager and Restaurant Manager, the Cook prepares and presents food to order following company menu and food specifications and timing standards. Adheres to all federal, state and local safe food handling regulations.
This is a part-time position working swing shift hours.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 3 pm to 11 pm
- Follow correct prepping procedures, utilizing prep charts.
- Properly store and rotate perishable stock.
- Maintain proper food temperatures in accordance with Denny’s brand standards as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepare special orders as requested.
- Correctly call the wheel when necessary.
- Organize and maintain work areas, coolers, and storage areas.
- Assist as needed with product inventory and deliveries.
- Clean and take proper care of ranges, ovens, broilers, fryers, griddles, utensils, and other equipment.
- Adhere to all safe food-handling principles.
- Complete side work and deep cleaning assignments correctly and in a timely manner.
- Possess strong product and menu knowledge.
- Monitor waste and other food cost controls.
- Address complaints and concerns promptly in a courteous manner and notify the supervisor of any issues.
- Assist with service periodically.
- Willingly assist others without being asked.
- Adhere to Denny’s brand standards and internal policies and procedures.
- Provide prompt and courteous service while also being cordial to all team members and guests.
- Experience as a cook
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, nights, and weekends
- Able to work in a team environment
- Dependable and able to learn basic tasks and follow instructions
- Must be able to work in the United States