1100 East Plumb Lane, Reno, NV, US 89502
Up to $13 an hour with a $250 sign-on bonus!
Denny’s is America’s diner. For over 60 years, our guests have come to our diners to sit back, relax and enjoy delicious, hearty meals 24/7, every day of the year. Our employees are part of a classic, national brand and just like our guests, are family both inside and outside the diner. At Denny’s we love to feed people and that means providing meaningful work for our employees that allows them to be fulfilled, realizing that what they do and who they are matter. In short, our family matters to us.
Reporting to the General Manager and Restaurant Manager, the Host/Hostess greets and seats guests in a friendly and courteous manner, receives payment and assists other service personnel as needed to provide total guest satisfaction. Responds to and addresses guests concerns.
Two part-time host positions available!
- 4pm to 10pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Greets guests immediately in a friendly manner upon arrival and acknowledges at departure
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and meets service cycle timing standards
- Seats guests at clean, dry tables utilizing proper seating rotation
- Determines and provides for any special needs of guests
- Maintains guest waiting list and adheres to proper seating order procedures
- Describes promotions and suggestively sells while seating guests; takes initial beverage order
- Attends to any other guest needs during the entire dining experience as warranted
- Demonstrates safe cash handling procedures in accordance with policy and accurately completes cash, credit card, and discount transactions
- Uses proper telephone etiquette
- Enters and delivers “To Go” orders correctly
- Addresses complaints promptly in a courteous manner, and notifies the supervisor of any issues
- Assists service personnel in providing beverage orders and refills and clearing and setting tables
- Willingly assists other team members without being asked
- Maintains proper supply of clean menus
- Lifts and carries supplies and equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of station and floor breakdowns
- Possesses strong product and menu knowledge
- Maintains foyer area of restaurant to be clean, organized and inviting to guests
- Completes all required side-work, including deep cleaning assignments
- Adheres to Denny’s Brand Standards and internal policies and procedures
- Provides courteous service and is cordial to all team members and guests
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Dependable and able to learn basic tasks and follow instructions